Python/CV Developer - FT - Sydney, AU
- Permanent part time/full time position
- Employee shares (ESOP) for key positions
- Eveleigh (Redfern), Sydney, NSW 2015
At FluroSat, we believe that deep science is vital to sustainable food and fibre production. We’re using Australia’s best research to create user-centered software that helps farmers make informed decisions based on highly differentiated analysis. We apply the latest in machine learning and AI to fuse together multiple sources of data and create selective, accurate and actionable insights.
We are looking for a full-time middle/senior Python Developer to join our team in Sydney. The candidate will work with the company leadership, customer success data science and remote sensing teams to achieve best translation of FluroSat innovation into customer-facing products. Flexible work environment available.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the team of remote sensing and data scientists on novel remote sensing data
- Develop data processing modules to process satellite, plane and drone imagery
- Translate the scientific methodologies from research papers and common sense into Python and learn how it integrates into the cloud-based data processing pipelines
- Develop and enhance image processing, and classification algorithms and generate GIS files (shapefiles)
- Work on real-time data in a timely fashion (you will get access to data captured from satellites, planes and drones hours after it was captured!)
Successful applicants must have:
- Proficient coding skills in Python - having an excellent and consistent programming style, logic and knowledge. Showcasing personal github projects will prove very beneficial!
- Computer vision knowledge - using openCV
- GIS expertise - being comfortable with GDAL and various projections
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command line tools/environment
- Good communication skills and “can do” team player attitude
- Hungriness to learn. Every task will be a new challenge offering something new to master
Desirable skills (bonus if you have them!):
- Experience with Google Cloud, backend concepts, Docker
- Experience with databases including SQL, MongoDB
- Leadership qualities, willingness to take ownership of the task
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to making world more sustainable, do good
- Get experience in a multi-national award-winning start-up (see our TEDx
- Master mind and implement a novel solution using cutting edge satellite and drone data
- Feel excited about your job and seize the opportunities for professional growth
- Make use of flexible work hours and the work mode you like
- Become a part of something huge! Not every day you can join the next unicorn
If this job sounds like you, and we sound like the kind of team you’d like to join, please apply by sending your resume to [email protected]
We are not actively hiring now, but we'd love to stay in touch with you for the next available role.