Python/Physics Developer - FT or Internship - Sydney, AU
- Permanent part time/full time position
- Employee shares (ESOP) for key positions
- Internships available (for university students)
- Eveleigh (Redfern), Sydney, NSW 2015
At FluroSat, we believe that deep science is vital to sustainable food and fibre production. We’re using Australia’s best research to create user-centered software that helps farmers make informed decisions based on highly differentiated analysis. We apply the latest in machine learning and AI to fuse together multiple sources of data and create selective, accurate and actionable insights.
We are looking for a full-time/part-time Python Developer to join our team in Sydney. The
candidate will work with the company leadership, customer success data science and remote
sensing teams to achieve best translation of FluroSat innovation into customer-facing products.
Flexible work environment available.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the team of remote sensing and data scientists on novel remote sensing data
- Develop machine learning algorithms to analyse crop status using satellite, plane and drone imagery
- Develop data processing pipelines and machine learning models to identify the crop type and stress by analysing the imagery
- Use/work with image processing, and geo-referencing modules such as OpenCV and GDAL
- Work on real-time data in a timely fashion (you will get access to data captured from satellites, planes and drones hours after it was captured!)
Successful applicants must have:
- Proficient coding skills (Python) - having an excellent and consistent programming style, logic and knowledge. Showcasing personal github projects will prove very beneficial!
- Knowledge of atmospheric transmission / absorption models for electromagnetic radiation in the visual, near infrared and radio wavelengths
- Good communication skills and “can do” team player attitude
- Hungriness to learn. Every task will be a new challenge offering something new to master
Desirable skills (bonus if you have them!):
- GIS and/or remote sensing knowledge
- Experience with using hyperspectral data
- Leadership qualities, willingness to take ownership of the task
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to making world more sustainable, do good
- Get experience in a multi-national award-winning start-up
(see our TEDx and TechCrunch)
- Master mind and implement a novel solution using cutting edge satellite and drone data
- Feel excited about your job and seize the opportunities for professional growth
- Make use of flexible work hours and the work mode you like
- Become a part of something huge! Not every day you can join the next unicorn
If this job sounds like you, and we sound like the kind of team you’d like to join, please apply by sending your resume to [email protected]
We are not actively hiring now, but we'd love to stay in touch with you for the next available role.